University of Nottingham
University of Nottingham School of Medicine in England provides the following courses that require UCAT:
- Medicine (Nottingham)(A100)
- Medicine with gateway year (Nottingham)(A108)
Each cognitive subtest scored out of 12, verbal reasoning score gets multiplied by 2, for a total of 60; and SJT scored out of 60.
GCSE scored out of 32. These scores are added together and top ranking candidates are invited for interview. If in SJT Band 4, will not be invited to interview.
The personal statement and reference are assessed after interview before issuing offers. The personal statement is not scored.
GCSE Requirements for University of Nottingham School of Medicine are:
- Maths - Grade 6 minimum (if Grade 7 in Physics, or Grade 7,7 in Dual Award Science, otherwise Grade 7 Maths required)
- English - Grade 6 minimum
- Science - Grade 7 minimum in Biology and Chemistry, and Grade 7 in one of Physics or Maths, with the other at grade 6 OR grade 7,7 in Dual Award Science and grade 6 in Maths
- Other requiremants - 6 GCSEs at grade 7 minimum, including 3 sciences/Dual Award Science, Maths, and English Language at grade 6 minimum
8 best GCSEs including sciences, English and Maths scored, with 9 = 4, 8 = 3 and 7 = 2, and 7 = 1. If GCSEs are not offered, only UCAT is considered. GCSEs make up 29% of the weighting in scoring for interview
A-levels or Scottish Higher requirements.
AAA at A level including Biology/ Human Biology and Chemistry. A pass is normally required in science practical tests (COVID allowing, 2022 applicants were not required to achieve this). Nottingham will not accept citizenship studies, critical thinking, general studies, or global perspectives as your third A.
36 (6, 6, 6 at Higher Level including biology and chemistry, excluding core component) with the GCSE requirements (or equivalent)
Nottingham will accept either of the maths qualifications for the IB at standard level (SL) or higher level (HL).
Nottingham does not score the IB and we do not require predicted IB grades as part of their selection process. However, you will still need to achieve the IB grades required to meet your offer.
Graduate Applicant Degree Requirements
2:1 in any subject and must meet A level requirements. 1st bachelor’s or undergraduate master’s degree in a relevant subject then no A level requirements. Graduate Masters/PhD* in a relevant subject, then no A level requirements. All must have a minimum GCSE level 4 (C) in maths and English language.
To qualify for a contextual offer, you must have Home/UK fee status and have attended a state school. One of the following must also apply:
- You live in an area where people are less likely to go to university (see Postcode checker)
- You have taken part in a summer school with Sutton Trust or Nottingham Potential, or completed a UNIQ, Realising Opportunities or Sutton Trust programme
- You have refugee status from the Home Office
- You have spent more than three months in care.
In this situation, you do not need to have attended a state school If an applicant is eligible for the University of Nottingham WP Flag, they may be accepted with predicated grades of AAB with at least one A in either Biology or Chemistry.
If they are successful at interview, they may be made an offer of AAB with at least one A in Chemistry or Biology.
From 2022 entry
In addition to a contextual offer, Medicine applicants starting in September 2022 who meet the following criteria will be considered for the interview stage without having to go through the UCAT/GCSE scoring stage of Nottingham's selection process:
- meet the entry requirements for any of our undergraduate Medicine courses (A100, A10L, A108 and A18L)
- have completed the Nottingham Pathways Programme, the Nottingham Potential Summer School or the Nottingham Sutton Trust Summer School
Applicants will still need to sit the UCAT and achieve Band 1 to 3 on the Situational Judgement Test.