Lincoln Medical School (University of Nottingham Lincoln Pathway) in England provides the following courses that require UCAT:
- Medicine (Nottingham - Lincoln)(A10L)
- Medicine with gateway year (Nottingham - Lincoln)(A18L)
Interviews are offered to the top percentage of candidates based on their combined UCAT and GCSE or equivalent scores. The percentage threshold varies from year to year based on the number of applicants.
If in SJT Band 4, will not be invited to interview.
The personal statement is read but not scored.
GCSE Requrements for Lincoln Medical School are:
- Maths - Grade 6 minimum (if Grade 7 in Physics, or Grade 7,7 in Dual Award Science, otherwise Grade 7 Maths required)
- English - Grade 6 minimum
- Science - Grade 7 minimum in Biology and Chemistry, and Grade 7 in one of Physics or Maths, with the other at grade 6 OR grade 7,7 in Dual Award Science and grade 6 in Maths
- Other requiremants - 6 GCSEs at grade 7 minimum, including 3 sciences/Dual Award Science, Maths, and English Language at grade 6 minimum
8 best GCSEs including sciences, English and Maths scored, with 8/9 = 2 and 7 = 1. If GCSEs are not offered, only UCAT is considered. GCSEs make up 29% of the weighting in scoring for interview
A-levels or Scottish Higher requirements.
AAA at A level including Biology and Chemistry (a pass is required in science practical tests, where assessed separately). The third A can be in any subject except Citizenship Studies, Critical Thinking, General Studies and global perspectives. A pass is required in science practical tests, where these are assessed separately.
36 points excluding core component with 6,6,6 at Higher Level including Biology and Chemistry.
Graduate Applicatant Degree Requirements
Applicants must have achieved a 2:1 degree in any subject and meet the A Level requirements.
Applicants may be identified as being eligible for the University of Nottingham Widening Participation flag. If flagged, students will be able to apply for the course with reduced requirements on predicted grades of: AAB at A Level, with at least one A in either Biology or Chemistry IB - 35 points (6,6,5 AT Higher Level including 6 in either Biology or Chemistry, excluding core component) Applicants may be given a corresponding lower contextual offer following interview. This offer will be conditional on you making Nottingham your first choice.
Nottingham also has a school of medicine outreach team.