University of Nottingham School of Medicine in England provides the following courses that require UCAT:
- Medicine (Nottingham)(A100)
- Medicine with gateway year (Nottingham)(A108)
Each cognitive subtest scored out of 9 and SJT scored out of 4. (UCAT out of 40).
GCSE scored out of 18. These scores are added together and top ranking candidates are invited for interview. If in SJT Band 4, will not be invited to interview.
The personal statement and reference are assessed after interview before issuing offers. The personal statement is not scored.
GCSE Requrements for University of Nottingham School of Medicine are:
- Maths - Grade 6 minimum (if Grade 7 in Physics, or Grade 7,7 in Dual Award Science, otherwise Grade 7 Maths required)
- English - Grade 6 minimum
- Science - Grade 7 minimum in Biology and Chemistry, and Grade 7 in one of Physics or Maths, with the other at grade 6 OR grade 7,7 in Dual Award Science and grade 6 in Maths
- Other requiremants - 6 GCSEs at grade 7 minimum, including 3 sciences/Dual Award Science, Maths, and English Language at grade 6 minimum
8 best GCSEs including sciences, English and Maths scored, with 8/9 = 2 and 7 = 1. If GCSEs are not offered, only UCAT is considered. GCSEs make up 29% of the weighting in scoring for interview
A-levels or Scottish Higher requirements.
AAA at A level including Biology/ Human Biology and Chemistry.
AA Advanced Higher in Biology and Chemistry. AAAAB at Higher including Biology and Chemistry, Maths and English Language. Grade A must be achieved in Biology and Chemistry.
36 points excluding core component with 6,6,6 at Higher Level including Biology and Chemistry. English language is required at either standard level (grade 6) or higher level (grade 5). At least six grade A's in IB Middle Years or GCSE including the sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Physics), Maths and English Language.
Graduate Applicant Degree Requirements
2:1 in any subject and must meet A level requirements. 1st bachelor’s or undergraduate master’s degree in a relevant subject then no A level requirements. Graduate Masters/PhD* in a relevant subject, then no A level requirements.
To qualify for a contextual offer, you must have Home/UK fee status and have attended a state school. One of the following must also apply:
- You live in an area where people are less likely to go to university (see Postcode checker)
- You have taken part in a summer school with Sutton Trust, UNIQ, Realising Opportunities or Nottingham Potential
- You have refugee status from the Home Office
- You have spent more than three months in care.
In this situation, you do not need to have attended a state school If an applicant is eligible for the University of Nottingham WP Flag, they may be accepted with predicated grades of AAB with at least one A in either Biology or Chemistry.
If they are successful at interview, they may be made an offer of AAB with at least one A in Chemistry of Biology.