The University of Dundee's City campus / Ninewells Hospital provides the following courses that require UCAT:
- Medicine (A100)
- Medicine with gateway year (Dundee)(A104)
- Dentistry (A200)
- Dentistry with gateway year (Dundee)(A204)
Award interviews based on UCAT + academic ability.
The personal statement is used at the interview stage.
GCSE Requrements for University of dundee School of Medicine are:
- Maths - Grade 6 minimum, if not studied at A level
- English - Grade 6 minimum, if not studied at A level
- Science - Grade 6 minimum, if not studied at A level and Biology at Grade 7
- Other requiremants - No other requirements
Up to 8 GCSEs are scored – 6 GCSEs at grade 9 receive the maximum score. The academic score (GCSEs + A levels) makes up 60% of the weighting in selecting for interview.
A-levels or Scottish Higher requirements.
AAA grades at A level, to include Chemistry and another science, achieved in one sitting.
Minimum total of 37 points, to include 6, 6 and 6 at Higher level. Subjects at Higher level should include Chemistry and another science from Biology, Physics or Maths. Plus three subjects at Standard level with average of grade 6, including Biology at Standard level 6.
Graduate Applicant Degree Requirements
First class or upper second class (2:1) Honours degree in a relevant life science subject.
Considered pre-interview. See website for details.