Integrity | Excellence | Diversity | Social justice | Efficiency | Affordability | Value
MedEntry is dedicated to providing the highest quality education accessible to students in a learner-centred environment that promotes individual potential. To this end, we lay out our commitments to you the student, and also the behaviours and qualities we expect in our students.
We are committed to providing learners with:
- Accessible, quality education at a time and pace that suits the learner’s situation and aspirations
- A learning environment and resources that support and stimulate learners and enables them to realise their full potential
- An environment that promotes continuous improvement
- Courses of the highest quality
- Accurate information about all programmes and expectations
- Assessment of learning that is fair, valid and timely
- The opportunity to evaluate teaching and programmes in confidence
- A skilled, qualified and supportive faculty and staff who will treat all learners with courtesy and respect and be responsive to learner needs and concerns
- A fair and consistent enforcement of all college rules and regulations
- A healthy and safe environment that promotes a positive learning experience
We expect students to:
- Take charge of your own learning and produce work to the best of your ability
- Participate actively in all learning situations
- Make effective use of the facilities and services provided and plan your use of resources in a responsible and considerate way
- Comply with assessment regulations and use assessment feedback to inform your continued learning
- Identify problems and concerns and address them to the appropriate people in a timely and constructive manner
- Treat all members of the MedEntry community with courtesy and respect
- Have an awareness of the impact that your behaviour can have on other learners
- Act in a manner that promotes, supports and respects the rights of fellow students, faculty and staff to a safe and supportive learning environment
- Abide by all MedEntry rules and regulations
In support of our commitment to continuous quality improvement, we provide a range of feedback mechanisms to students in relation to all aspects of the learning experience. We encourage students to use the feedback channels to tell us about their views and concerns. On our part we pledge to listen to all feedback carefully and to use it constructively in planning forward.
At MedEntry, six common themes are at the heart of our teaching-learning philosophy.
Learning Matters: Student learning is at the heart of what we do. The promotion of learning at all levels and in many ways is the dominant and guiding criterion for all our decisions.
Relationships Matter: Student-staff, and student-student relationships have a significant influence on the powerful learning that students experience. We cultivate and nurture environments where healthy relationships form and flourish.
Expectations Matter: Clear and high expectations are central to encouraging and challenging students to stretch themselves to grow and excel both in and beyond the curriculum. We ensure that our programs and practices enact these expectations, so that everyone from prospective and enrolled students to staff understand what matters most.
Alignment Matters: Institutional effectiveness and success are enhanced when administrative and academic policies, procedures, and processes are aligned in an integrated and seamless fashion. When students find themselves in an aligned institution such as MedEntry, their experiences are more connected, coherent, and meaningful.
Improvement Matters: MedEntry not only expects students to learn and improve, but they model an important ethos for students by aspiring for higher levels of accomplishment and by staying true to their purposes. We seek out best practices and adapt research-based ideas to fit our students, missions, and institutional culture. We use evidence to inform and improve everything we do.
Leadership Matters: At MedEntry, leadership is collaborative, and people throughout our institution see themselves as part of the leadership team. This entails articulating clear, aspirational goals and sustaining a culture that fosters shared responsibility and leadership at all levels of our institution.
These six themes are the central focus of everything we do: mission-driven yet adaptable to change; committed to putting student learning first. We believe we can always do better, continually seeking improvement, and resisting the complacency and ossification that results from the “we’ve always done it this way” mindset. We listen to student voices with care because we are serious about creating a strong, positive culture focused on learning - it is an enormous asset that we never take for granted.